canberrabirds

Hinterblitz

To: COG List <>
Subject: Hinterblitz
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:52:26 +1100
Following on from the great success of the Spring Blitz of the ACT I have been contemplating doing something similar for the Hinterland (ie the bit of the COG AOI outside the ACT border).  To avoid confusion with the Spring one (as well as giving a different seasonal perspective, I thought it should be an Autumn event.

After muttering about it with a few people and finding some support for the notion, next Saturday has been nominated as the day for the first event.  If anyone would like to join in I have put the instructions in http://franmart.blogspot.com/2009/03/hinterblitz.html.  To alow me to pre-gird my loins for data entry, could you let me know by email (or comment to the blog page if you are planning to join in>  It would also be nice to know where you expect to be active.  (My current personal plan is to try to get at least one sheet for every Grid cell I can locate along the course of the Molonglo, to the extent that I can establish where that is South of Captains Flat, and which bits of it I can get at.)

Martin