canberrabirds

Maned Duck breeding - why repeated observations help

To: <>
Subject: Maned Duck breeding - why repeated observations help
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 09:02:45 +1100

Hmm, yes, Philip, I think it’s called the annual cycle and let’s just say opinions are divided on the usefulness of duplicated bulletins.  To mention something where there has been a certain amount of progression, without rehearsing the entire suburban peafowl saga:  there are now reliable reports of three separate broods of 3 chicks each, probably attributable to the one male, now trainless (not to be confused with the trainless trainee at upper left).  There is now a theoretical population of 21, showing signs of becoming dispersed.

ppp.JPG