canberrabirds

Baillon's crake

To: "canberra birds" <>
Subject: Baillon's crake
From: "Vivien" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:26:23 +1000
Went to the wetlands this afternoon and the good luck to see the Baillon's crake for quite a while.  I sat under the trees and got some nice photos until it finally became aware of me.
I saw a raven on the stump in the water to the right of the first hide ( name escapes me!) It was either eating something or having a drink.  I guess it might have been eating judging by the behavour of the little Australasian grebe that skittled over the water and proceeded to splash the raven as much as it could.  It finally drove the raven away, but too late I fear.

Hope you all had a peaceful Xmas.

Viv