canberrabirds

Frogmouth at Hackett oval

To: "'canberra birds'" <>
Subject: Frogmouth at Hackett oval
From: "Yarden Oren" <>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 08:51:45 +1100

On Friday when picking my daughter from school, we found a fledgling frogmouth on the oval some 50 m from any tree. It was constantly harassed by magpies. On close inspection we saw that one of its eyes has been pecked out with a nasty wound to the head. All I we could do unfortunately was euthanise the poor fellow (great distress my daughter though).

Yarden