canberrabirds

Blitzing Kowen

To: "Phyl Goddard" <>
Subject: Blitzing Kowen
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:16:34 +1100
I am jealous, but pleased for you (and the COG database)!

Martin

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Phyl Goddard <> wrote:

We had better luck than you in Kowen Martin.  Three of us spent half the day on Sunday birding mostly along the forest edge, across the Bungendore Road and paddocks from the Defence building.  We recorded 36 species including four robins within a small area:  first as soon as we got there a female Red-capped Robin, then almost immediately its mate;  a short distance away was an adult male Flame and later, not far away and still on the forest edge we found a male Scarlet.  And there was a Yellow Robin calling in the distance!

On the short drive back to the Bungendore Road a pair of wedgies obligingly remained sitting together on a post while we parked the car and ogled them at close quarters.

Also Saturday morning, very early, at Warrina Inlet on a beautiful day, 36 species . . . thank you Barbara for a delightful blitzy weekend!

Phyl