canberrabirds

Spoonbills at Kelly's

To: "martin butterfield" <>
Subject: Spoonbills at Kelly's
From: "Sue Lashko" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:50:24 +1100
On Sat, there were 4 spoonbills out in the paddocks, 2 of which were probably the Kelly's Swamp birds, so maybe there could be 2 potential nests.

Sue

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:40 PM, martin butterfield <> wrote:
Thanks to all for the responses.  I will put in an incidental "nest building" record.  Looking at the last ABR, Steve Wilson's book, and the 2nd Atlas it seems that breeding for the species is not usual for the area.

Anthony: is this worth an Odd Ob summarising the comments for the benefit of those not on this chatline.

Martin