canberrabirds

FW: Protect Kellys Swamp

To: <>
Subject: FW: Protect Kellys Swamp
From: "Jenny Bounds" <>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:09:45 +1000
Greetings: Good to see some of you expressing your interest and views on this.   COG has been engaged in a consultation process for what will be the East Lake development abutting Jerrabomberra wetlands.  We have put the strong view that the wetlands must not become a recreation area for nearby residents, that recreation space has to be provided within the developments, and that money from the developments should be available to protect and properly manage the wetlands. Our President Chris Davey and I have also had a discussion about what has been happening recently out there with more people recreating, people shooting rabbits with bows and arrows, plus the general issues of poor management.  Dont worry, this will be taken further in various ways/forums, post election.   It would not hurt if members wrote letters to the new ACT Government post election expressing their views!
cheers
Jenny Bounds
COG Conservation Officer