canberrabirds

New ways to survey birds

To: "Shaun Bagley" <>, <>
Subject: New ways to survey birds
From: "Tony Lawson" <>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 07:21:24 +1000
The latest Gang Gang announced the demise of Ground Parrot surveys.  In future they will be monitored electronically.  I wonder what that means?  Do they use audio, or some form of radar, or do they all carry a tracking device?

It looks as the technology to survey birds is just around the corner.  This article was one example of that.  No doubt the media people at Bonn University and Science Daily added the flowery language that concerned Shaun.  But what caught my eye was the second last paragraph (which is why I have not deleted the earlier message).

Tony