canberrabirds

Superb Parrot etal

To: <>
Subject: Superb Parrot etal
From: "Kathy and John (home)" <>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 21:09:44 +1000
We had a male Superb Parrot in our GBS in Watson again yesterday and there
was also one in our Woodland survey site on Mt Majura today - possibly the
same bird given it is only about a km away as the parrot flies.  It is
keeping in very close company with a King parrot.  We have had an Oriole
calling all autumn and still calling yesterday, as well as 2 cuckoo-shrikes
this afternoon.

Also on Mt Majura today were 2 Brown-headed honeyeaters which is very
unusual at this site.  And yesterday a small parrot whizzed through my
survey, but it was too quick for me to ID properly.  Suspects were a Swift
Parrot given how close it is to the tank and somebody said they had seen
them there 3 weeks ago, or alternatively a Little Lorikeet which are out and
about at present.

John Goldie and Kathy Walter
Watson