canberrabirds

Swift Parrots still at Mt Majura

To: "COG list" <>, <>
Subject: Swift Parrots still at Mt Majura
From: "Kamprad" <>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 20:27:48 +1000
This morning at 11 o'clock I saw 2 Swift Parrots in the top of the canopy of the eucalypts approximately 40 metres north of the tank at Mt Majura. I had been looking for a couple of hours when their call was heard and recognised by a fellow birdwatcher, who had the seemingly endless patience of a wildlife photographer. The call was 'different' from those of the parrots I had been hearing since I arrived at 9am. The SwPs perched as I have seen them do before and reached to their food. They were hard to see but as they stayed in the one location good views were available. The photographer had seen 7 SwPs bathing in the running water immediately north-west of the tank at 7am. He felt there is a good chance the birds had roosted in the area over night. Apart from the SwPs it had been delightful watching all the birds coming to bath in the running water.

As I had seen our chatline, been directed to the location by a lady from the Friends of Mt Majura and benefited from the photographer's call dentification I am grateful for the co-operation of birdwatchers share.
Julienne
10/5/08