canberrabirds

Little Wattlebird at ANBG

To: <>
Subject: Little Wattlebird at ANBG
From: "Phyl Goddard" <>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 10:11:31 +1000

Having been off the list for a while, I realize this bird may already have been reported.  We saw it on 24 April, drawn towards the flutter of three Red Wattlebirds chasing a smaller but somewhat similar bird away from where it was feeding on a banksia.  This was on the side of the road that runs close to the CSIRO fence, where the road is closest to the fence.  We watched for some time because the LW kept coming back to the same bush.  I have a partial poor photo and will submit an Unusual Bird Report.

Phyl Goddard