canberrabirds

Swift parrots at Mount Majura

To: canberra birds <>
Subject: Swift parrots at Mount Majura
From: Beth Mantle <>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:36:06 +1000
Hi everyone,

Dan and I went to the water reservoir at Mt Majura this afternoon and saw the flock of Swifties at approx 5pm.  We observed 2 birds initially, then a flock of approx 10 to 15, which darted around the trees (and our heads!) until finally landing above us for truly awesome views!  What a beautiful bird this is, and we felt exceptionally privileged to see them.

I was too slow getting my camera out (I was totally captivated), so I am very jealous of Tobias' and Lindsey's photographs!

Cheers,

Beth and Dan

Beth Mantle

H: 02 6287 7860