canberrabirds

Stone hiding Ravens?

To: <>
Subject: Stone hiding Ravens?
From: "Roy Harvey" <>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:16:16 +1000

Can anyone provide enlightenment to Hilary please?

Hilary (a non COG member) asked me why Australian Ravens would carry small stones and place them in her gutter and then cover then with leaves. Apparently this has been going on for a couple of week.

If you have any ideas, or have any questions would you please reply to her (and me – I’m curious).

Thanks

Roy

Chris Davey said that he has seen Ravens cache carrion under leaves, cow pats etc and then return later to recover the bits – but we couldn’t quite see how this would be linked to caching stones.

(No Stoned Crows answers please!)