canberrabirds

R squared values for GBS Graphs

To: <>
Subject: R squared values for GBS Graphs
From: "Paul Fennell" <>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 10:13:04 +1100

Hello everyone

In the Annual Bird Report 2006-07 there were GBS graphs showing abundance (A) trends for selected species  throughout the survey period of 26 years.  For production reasons the Rsquared value for each trend line was omitted.  Given the values were so high (apart from one species) I thought it best to omit them.  However, for those more statistically minded, I enclose them here.

Species

R squared

Crested Pigeon

0.9779

Sulphur-crested Cockatoo

0.9549

Galah

0.7945

Crimson Rosella

0.9543

Magpie-lark

0.8565

Silvereye

0.6792

Red Wattlebird

0.8988

Pied Currawong

0.2216

Australian Magpie

0.8971

House Sparrow

0.9567

Common Myna

0.9239

Common Starling

0.9396

NB: all trends are for 26 years except Common Starling for which year 1 was so extreme it was omitted.

Cheers

Paul Fennell

Editor Annual Bird Report

0407 195 460