canberrabirds

re cygnet

To: "Rodger Hall" <>, <>
Subject: re cygnet
From: "Sandra Henderson" <>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:18:42 +1100
on the first of the boat outings to look at LBG birds we also saw a black swan family with one of the 2 small cygnets riding on the back of one of the adults, near the Kingston foreshore.

on the 2nd outing last Saturday, there was a pair of wood ducks with 2 ducklings swimming around near the jetty where we boarded the boat.  we also saw many little black cormorants still on nests, so it was a very successful outing - I think we tallied up about 150 LBcormorants altogether for the outing. an unexpected sighting was a (slightly disputed ID) cattle egret flying over a couple of times while on our way back to the jetty near the museum

Sandra Henderson