canberrabirds

question re pardalote behaviour

To: "Charmian Lawson" <>, "COG" <>
Subject: question re pardalote behaviour
From: "Barbara Preston" <>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:53:46 +1100
Hi Charmian
I few years ago I had a pair of spotted pardalotes very clearly attacking their reflections in my first floor office windows - from ealy March for many months. I kept very detailed notes (I can see the windows and observe the birds for hours on distracting hours as I sit at my desk). I can copy the notes and send as a Word doc off line if you like. (I also sent a few notes to the line at the time). The female was generally much more aggressive than the male - as 'demented' as our resident male magpie lark . . . .
cheers
Barbara
Barbara Preston Research
ABN 18 142 854 599