canberrabirds

BIGnet meeting - volunteers needed.

To: <>
Subject: BIGnet meeting - volunteers needed.
From: "Jack and Andrea Holland" <>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:56:21 +1100

Dear subscribers

COG is hosting the next meeting of the Bird Interest Group Network (BIGnet) from 12 noon Saturday  5 April to 1 pm Sunday 6 April this year. BIGnet is the biannual meeting of all the bird clubs and organisations with related interests in NSW.  Indications are that about 15-20 delegates will be attending.

While I have received some offers of assistance to the call in the March Gang-gang, the organising committee would be very grateful for some extra help.  So if you think you can help on the Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning, or both, please contact me asap.

A slightly amended copy of the Gang-gang ad follows:

Jack Holland

BIGNET meeting.

The business sessions will be held at the Australian National Botanic Gardens. There are a number of ways members can assist. To ensure the success of the meeting, we need volunteers to:

? take and write up minutes for the meeting (summary/outcomes);

? organise morning and afternoon teas, including delivery to the meeting venue;

? organise the food, the setting up, and to act as marshals at the gate for a breakfast at Mulligans Flat on Sunday 6 April; and

? Man (or woman) a small scale sales desk on one day, focusing on COG publications and local materials.

If you are willing to assist, please contact Jack Holland on 6288 7840 AH or by E-mail on