canberrabirds

RE: FW: [canberrabirds] Wednesday walk (true stories)

To: <>
Subject: RE: FW: [canberrabirds] Wednesday walk (true stories)
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:34:21 +1100

<<  Martin had a problem.  He was only too well aware of the Code of Conduct for leaders of COG walks.  And yet this applicant looked so, well , strange.  If he let it come along anything might happen.  Some of the regular participants could be definitely on the nervous side.  Then again, if he refused it on the ground of appearance, who knows what kind of ACT regulation about discrimination or vilification or whatever he might fall foul of.  Then he had an idea.  ‘Look ,old chap’, he said gently, ‘love to have you along and all that, but I’m afraid I’m only allowed to take COG members on these walks.   Something to do with insurance, I’m afraid’ .    Marco gave a sad grunt, blew on the back lens of his  Leica 8x42s, and waddled off in the direction of the ‘Bittern’ hide.   >>