canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] RE: Glossy blacks at Burrewarra [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] RE: Glossy blacks at Burrewarra [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:53:57 +1100

As they feed on developed but unripe cones from the current year they probably need to move, according to fruiting, between pockets of the rather sparsely distributed casuarina in the Bungendore/Braidwood area – or even to Canberra.  Then in winter they might need to find nest sites (large mature or dead eucs) in proximity to their food, which might influence movement.   This pair was snapped near a nest site last August in one of their more regular haunts in the area.

J_5219.jpg