canberrabirds

Superb Parrots at Mount Rogers Reserve

To: <>
Subject: Superb Parrots at Mount Rogers Reserve
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 00:26:30 +1100
I know this is not new but I really liked this. A little stroll just above the entry point to at Mount Rogers Reserve above Wickens Place in Fraser of Flynn or Spence (I don't know which) at dusk today (or 30-12-2007). Maria, Judy, Joyce & I went to see the Superb Parrots and have a dusk stroll. There are big numbers there. I would say close to 100. Certainly I counted over 40 perched in two adjacent almost dead trees and there were many more flying around and others continually arriving. I have not seen that many of them together before. Lots of begging young and I noted that sounds that I was confident were groups of Noisy Miners turned out to be begging young Superb Parrots.