canberrabirds

Warks Road

To: "Canberrabirds List" <>
Subject: Warks Road
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 15:36:52 +1100
I went up to Warks Road yesterday (Xmas Day) between 3.30pm to 5.30pm in search
of Cicadabirds, especially a female which I've never yet seen.  No Cicadabirds
were calling during the time I was there, although I had a very brief view of a
bird flying through the canopy that, from size, jizz, etc was probably a
Cicadabird.  Better luck today when I was there again from 9am to midday.  At
about 11.15am I heard one call a couple of times and located in it (a male)
high in the canopy, and watched it for a couple of minutes before it was chased
away by 3 White-naped Honeyeaters.  It remained in the area (about 1.5 kms up
the road from the Blundells Ck Rd junction) for the next 15 mins or so that I
was there as I heard it calling sporadically.

3 Red-browed Treecreepers together were presumably a family party.

Regards
Frank