canberrabirds

dove in Giralang

Subject: dove in Giralang
From: Con Boekel <>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 13:17:18 +1100
Bill
Sounds like a Ring-necked Dove to me. They are popular aviary birds and have been bred to quite a large range of colours. If you have access to the internet and do a google image search on 'Ring-necked Dove' there are thousands of hits.
Con

billrobertson wrote:
I need assistance to identify a dove I saw feeding on the ground with a pair
of crested pigeons. It was light in colour, creamy/white with pink legs. The
nape of the neck was marked by a charcoal grey crescent. It was similar in
size to a spotted turtle dove. Of course when I went back with the camera
the dove was no longer around. I'm assuming it was an aviary escapee.

Margaret Robertson

List manager: David McDonald, email
<>