canberrabirds

MP3 CD & speaker system for Bird calls & Owl list

To: "COG bird discussions" <>
Subject: MP3 CD & speaker system for Bird calls & Owl list
From: "Denis Wilson" <>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:22:21 +1100
Hi Coglisters

Without wishing to jump on someone's feelings, let me just note that Benj is correct in his comments about the undesirability of disturbing Owls by using the playback system. But the Call Playback system is an effective technique, apparently.

It has been used by accredited "environmental consultants" working for the Sydney Catchment Authority when surveying owl populations in Kangaloon (NSW Southern Highlands). I am not sure if they did this during breeding season, or not. I shall try to check the details.

I am glad that he has attached the link to the NSW Threatened Species profile. I shall quote that back at the SCA when next engaging them in debate over their Flora and Fauna surveys up here.

Cheers

Love to Grow: Grow to Love