canberrabirds

MP3 CD & speaker system for Bird calls & Owl list [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: "Whitworth, Benjamin - BRS" <>, "Kamprad" <>, "canberrabirds" <>
Subject: MP3 CD & speaker system for Bird calls & Owl list [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "John Cummings" <>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:56:38 +1100

Benjamin

This is a really good point and I certainly have been guilty of indulging in all three forms of bird watching

Perhaps COG has a policy or suggestions on this already?

We certainly do not want to like the bird watchers a few years ago in the north east of the USA who all went looking for a rare rail that was visiting and so many went that the bird was trampled to death due to its habit of ‘freezing’ when disturbed

Yes, we all want to see different species of avian fauna, and yes, we do go to lengths to do this, but we must be mindful of what we are doing to the birds etc in the pursuit of our objectives

John Cummings
CWC Coordinator NSW & ACT