canberrabirds

Nursery swamp - unusual call [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: "Whitworth, Benjamin - BRS" <>, <>, <>
Subject: Nursery swamp - unusual call [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "John Cummings" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:52:00 +1100

Benj

Frogs stop calling once you start to get close to them and do not start again for some time later when they think the coast is clear

Mammals move away, generally by breaking cover and fleeing

Bunyips just eat you or do other things that can not be mentioned on this chat line

Crocodiles usually sound like a dog barking

Could you have been mistaken for a young bird’s mother?

Did you try calling back?

Did you try just taking up a vantage point and staying still for a while to see what happened?

All very interesting, I can not answer the question but have made a point that hopefully took some of the suspects out of the frame

Cheers

John Cummings
CWC Coordinator NSW & ACT