canberrabirds

Re: Unusual call mentioned by Benj Whitworth

To: "Whitworth, Benjamin - BRS" <>, <>
Subject: Re: Unusual call mentioned by Benj Whitworth
From: "Denis Wilson" <>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:00:17 +1100
Benj mentioned:
An unusual call I heard was a 'wraaaa', low and metallic. I don't even
know whether it was a bird or something else.

I am guess it would be a frog calling. Many frog calls do not sound like frogs - as we expect them to sound

Check out "Frogs of Southern Highlands and illawarra."

For starters, I would start with the "Bleating Tree Frog". It is a tiny creature, but makes a strong call, sounding for all the world like a miniature Lamb, looking for its mother. Hence the name.

There is a really useful website with frog calls available to listen to (easily). It is sorted by region, so that reduces the options to a manageable level. I suggest that you check it out, and "bookmark" it (or save as "Favourite"). I refer to it frequently.

Cheers

Love to Grow: Grow to Love