canberrabirds

Thursday Activities

To: <>
Subject: Thursday Activities
From: "Rod's Gardening" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 23:27:49 +1000

I went back to Jerrabomberra Ck today to find that things were much the same as yesterday, but one of the Whistling Kites was actually at the nest.  Couldn't see any evidence of a young one so I'm not sure what that indicates.  Four very tiny Purple Swamphen chicks had made their first intrepid journey from the nest to the mainland and were being shepherded by their mother.  Little Grassbird(s) calling constantly.  60 - 70 Little Black Cormorants.  Pelicans gulping down fish, hopefully Carp.  I managed to negotiate the log jam upstream of the wooden bridge to find a male Rufous whistler in full song, a Sacred Kingfisher, Yellow rumped Thornbill carrying food or nesting material, Magpie feeding dependent young, and got very up close and personal with several Clamorous Reed Warblers - as close as about 2 metres .

Cheers

Rod

Tel.  0407 456 330