canberrabirds

For COG Members - New Books on Sales Desk

To: "Canberrabirds" <>
Subject: For COG Members - New Books on Sales Desk
From: "Esme Barker and Bruce Ramsay" <>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:09:14 +1000
I apologise for using the chatline (where I am aware that non-COG members participate and which many COG members do not use) for advertising COG items for sale, but it wasn't until after the cut-off date for publication in the latest Gang-gang that I was able to be sure that the following books would be at the October meeting .

COG has been able to arrange to stock books from CSIRO Publishing at a discount from the Recommended Retail Price (RRP). The discount available will generally be in the range 30% - 35%. Because this discount is so substantial and is unlikely to be available through other sources, purchases of the books from COG will be restricted. For attendees, the books will be available on the Sales Desk at each monthly meeting. Purchases, by COG members only, can also be arranged by contacting me on this email address or through the For Sale page of the COG website www.canberrabirds.org.au

The newly-stocked CSIRO Publishing titles that will be for sale at the meeting on Wednesday night, and their COG sale price, are:

Kookaburra: King of the Bush by Sarah Legge - $27
Herons, Egrets and Bitterns by Neil McKilligan - $27
Wedge-tailed Eagle by Penny Olsen - $27
Australian Magpie: Biology and Behaviour of an Unusual Songbird by Gisela Kaplan - $27
Tawny Frogmouth by Gisela Kaplan (newly released in September) - $27
Shorebirds of Australia by Andrew Geering, Lindsay Agnew and Sandra Harding - $33

As well, and as members would have seen in Gang-gang, copies of Penny Olsen's latest book "Glimpses of Paradise: The Quest for the Beautiful Parrakeet? will also be available at the meeting. It too is being offered at a substantial discount from the RRP.

Again, my apologies for using this forum for advertising purposes - but with Christmas shopping looming (or already started), I wanted to try and give COG members as much notice as I could of the availability of these books.

Regards,

Bruce Ramsay
Publications Officer/Sales Desk
Canberra Ornithologists Group, Inc