canberrabirds

Bogongs reach Holt

To: "'John Layton'" <>
Subject: Bogongs reach Holt
From: "Ray Drew" <>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:19:07 +1000

As an owner of several generations of tomcats, I must add my twopence worth to John’s remarks.  No tomcat of mine (desexed or not) ever showed the slightest interest in birding. However, female cats are bird killers. After discovering that, several years ago, I took the chauvanist route and chose to acquire only male cats. My present cat, Possum, sits idly by while 50  feral pigeons and numerous parrots are fed daily on the front lawn.  Needless to say, male cats, at least until desexed, are more interested in catering to their libidinal demands than chasing after birdies. Even after desexing, they show little interest. Of course, other members may have vastly different experiences with male felines.  Maybe I, too, have only owned sooky cats.

Ray Drew