canberrabirds

White-necked Heron at Kellys

To: "Julian Robinson" <>
Subject: White-necked Heron at Kellys
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:47:51 +1000
Julian,

Re the below. I looked at the pictures on the viewer without downloading them. That is to say 3 came through but after waiting an inordinate time three more did not come through. Of the 3 that came through one is a Reed-Warbler the other two are Golden Whistlers.

Philip
Julian Robinson <m("internode.on.net","julian.robinson");">>
To: <m("canberrabirds.org.au","canberrabirds");">>
Subject: [canberrabirds] White-necked Heron at Kellys
Show Headers

There was a WNH at Kellys this morning, also two more Horsfield's Bronze Cuckoos calling from the top of leafless trees, together with some of those caterpillars on the ground.

This was while I was wrestling with what appeared to be more of my aberrant birds - a Reed-warbler(?) in the trees for ages and a group of 5 or 6 Jacky Winters(?) in dense scrub (I couldn't make out any prominent white outer tail feathers and no sign of an eyebrow).  At least that's my best guesses, I'd appreciate any corrections...