canberrabirds

Pallid cuckoo food

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Pallid cuckoo food
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 12:33:20 +1000
Following my post last week about a pallid cuckoo feeding on caterpillars a few people commented on the type of caterillar involved.  This morning I came across some of them and was able to get a couple of images (see attached).  Hopefully they will enable a positive ID of the hairy beasts.   I would estimate they were closer to 5cm in length rather than 3cm.  I didn't actually see one emerge from the hole but it seems likely.

Martin