canberrabirds

possible blue-billed duck at Giralang [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Subject: possible blue-billed duck at Giralang [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:40:53 +1000

I checked out Giralang Wetlands yesterday afternoon. No sign of the
reported Blue-billed Duck.

Did see a Great Egret, a pair of Black Swans with 6 cygnets and the usual
ducks.

Cheers

Marnix Zwankhuizen
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Java Enterprise Technology
IT Branch
Australian Electoral Commission

Ph:   02 6271 4465
Fax: 02 6271 4644
Email:

             "Canberra
             Ornithologists
             Group Inc."                                                To
             <
             rabirds.org.au>              au
                                                                        cc
             27/08/2007 01:00
             PM                                                    Subject
                                          [canberrabirds] possible
                                          blue-billed duck at Giralang
             Please respond to

               abirds.org.au

message sent to the COG office

Just in case you are interested...

My partner and I think that we saw a blue-billed duck on the Giralang
Wetlands this afternoon. We are total (but interested) amateurs at this but
all our bird books and web investigations give us only one water bird which
looks like that. The blue bill is not totally blue but would fit the
description of the male in eclipse...plumage has probably not yet changed.
(See attached file: untitled-2)