canberrabirds

large attachments

Subject: large attachments
From: Des Clark-Walker <>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:39:28 +1000
My apologies to all who were affected by the large attachment showing the blind Kookaburra.

I was unaware of the chatline guidelines .  Nevertheless it was thoughtless to send this attachment without
compression.  Ignorance is generally no excuse but it does raise an issue that the committee may wish to
consider.   It would be helpful if new members were issued with a "starter pack".  This could include
how to join chatline, guidelines for use and photocopies of maps and directions of all the most
visited birding sites.  People with broadband have access to Google Maps and Earth ,but as I have
learned , not everyone is on broadband.

Des Clark-Walker