canberrabirds

Hypothesis testing with a WFHO

To: <>
Subject: Hypothesis testing with a WFHO
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:18:06 +1000
Some have asked if there is a best time to see the White-fronted Honeyeater. On Wednesday I wrote: "it is still focussed on the Grevillea much of the time but in particular it is in there almost every day at around about 5. p.m."

Testing my hypothesis: I checked, it was in there at 5. p.m. yesterday (but I also saw it on each of my several short tries at about 10, 12, & 2) and two others found it here at about 11. On one time today it was sitting in the open tree only a metre or so from a White-plumed Honeyeater, both were busy preening and they took no obvious notice of each-other.

I've now a list of 46 "birdos" who have seen it. Still a 100% success rate. Hopefully we can make it to over 50 this weekend.

I saw it there again at 11 am today and can hear it from my study room.