canberrabirds

RE:[canberrabirds] Coloured Sulphur Cresteds

To: "COG" <>
Subject: RE:[canberrabirds] Coloured Sulphur Cresteds
From: "roger curnow" <>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 21:30:52 +1000
Hi John et al

Have you had any off-line responses to your query?
I have seen the birds and am in two minds as to whether they are just dirty  and/or unusually coloured sulphur-cresteds or some sort of cross.
I can only ever find them early or late in the day and as yet haven't got a decent picture.
That they are pinkish is fairly obvious in this pic which is straight from the camera.

Related Question: In the flock of maybe 35 cockatoos were also 7 or 8 corellas,
which field-guide contains the secret to distinguishing a little from a long-billed?

        roger curnow.