canberrabirds

Birds at ANBG

To: "'canberra birds'" <>
Subject: Birds at ANBG
From: "Anthony Connor" <>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 18:00:36 +1000

The powerful owl was still in Section 12 of the ANBG today. I could see the tail only of a marsupial it had caught hanging down behind it.  From the size of the tail I guessed it was a possum.  When I tried to go around the back of the tree to get a better look at the prey 4 people who were in there taking flash photographs of the owl told me that they were ANBG staff who were allowed there, but I wasn’t.

There was a crew of workmen shredding branches in the area where the bassian thrush and crescent honeyeater were seen.  Understandably, there was no sign of these birds.

I saw a rose robin in Section 193.

Tony Connor