canberrabirds

swift parrot and regent honeyeater surveys

To: <>
Subject: swift parrot and regent honeyeater surveys
From: "Cooke Belinda" <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:27:58 +1000

Hi all,

The time for the next Swift Parrot and Regent Honeyeater surveys has come around again. Thanks to everyone who took part in May and who have also been looking out for birds in the meantime. There have been a couple of sightings of Swift Parrots in the Canberra region, one sighting out at Wagga and four on the South Coast. It is possible that the Swifties will be heading down this way on their return migration. Having a ‘snap-shot’ of their distribution at this time is vital.

The survey takes part over the weekend of the 4-5th August and we also include the week previous to and following this weekend. For those who are interested in taking part and have not done so before please contact me for more information. Also,  there are a couple of first-timers who are interested in surveying with more experienced birders, if you are planning to go and are happy for company please contact me and I can put you in touch.

Regards,

Belinda Cooke

Swift Parrot Mainland Recovery Coordinator

Department of Environment and Climate Change, NSW

ph 02 6298 9733

freecall 1800 66 57 66

fax 02 6299 4281

This email is intended for the addressee(s) named and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and then delete it immediately.
Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender except where the sender expressly
and with authority states them to be the views of the Department of Environment and Climate Change (NSW).