canberrabirds

ANBG: Bassian Thrush

To: "'Frank Antram'" <>, <>
Subject: ANBG: Bassian Thrush
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:50:56 +1000
Frank  -  At least a partial altitudinal migrant going by its appearances at
ANBG and local pine forests.  I don't believe it's resident, although I think
Anthony Overs had - or heard of - a breeding record at ANBG a few years ago.
(I would regard the SBBs as 'at least partial altitudinal migrants' although
there are occasional nesting reports.  I don't regard the winter bower practice
as a sign of breeding necessarily)  g