canberrabirds

White-fronted Honeyeaters and other nice birds.

To: <>
Subject: White-fronted Honeyeaters and other nice birds.
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:30:01 +1000
Hi All,

Thanks Brendan. 'tis true (well me and a few other people). I have lost count, something between 6 and 9 people (fortunately some in pairs) have been here just today (throughout the day) and I think that on each occasion that I have noticed them (or they knocked on the door) I had been able to find the bird within 30 seconds (apart from one time that for Suzanne Edgar that took about five minutes). Today the bird spent a lot of time perched silently near the top of the neighbour's deciduous tree (sort of above the Grevillea but nearer and behind the Calitris). That is the furthest west I have seen it go. Suzanne and I also saw it fly down to the ground at one stage maybe to pick up an insect near the red & white letterbox on Hiles Place. Today we also saw it hawking for tiny flying insects. Also whilst Stuart Harris was here, a Kestrel flew by (one of very few obs I have had of one at home) and Stuart and I nearly got bowled over by three King Parrots hurtling up the laneway. Very nice winter's day at home.

If anyone wishes to come by tomorrow, that is fine but I will be out from about 10 am till 2 pm.

Philip Veerman
24 Castley Circuit
KAMBAH   ACT  2902

Phone. 02 - 62314041