canberrabirds

Socially Inept Birder...

To: <>
Subject: Socially Inept Birder...
From: "Shaun Bagley" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:51:18 +1000
Hi all,

A few days ago I took exception to some emails on the subject of Black-Chinned Honeyeaters.

Attempting to point out what I felt was an invalid point of view, I sledged Peter Milburn while coming to what I thought was his defense.

Over the weekend, I have met lots of COG people at the Vigil on the Mount before the E.  Leucoxylon at Kelly's, at Mulligans Flat, at Newline and at Callum Brae. Perhaps it was the stir of White-fronted Honeyeater at the aforesaid mount by Fulica hide. But perhaps it was timing on a bright shiny winter day in Canberra. Then again maybe it was the moon rising at 1:00pm.

To put this email in perspective, I did mean to challenge norms but I did not mean to be insulting to anyone. I will continue to question but I hope (because I am realistic enough to understand that my reactions are not necessarily balanced) that people can take my input with a grain or two or salt.

Regards

Shaun "Sledge" Bagley