canberrabirds

whistler ?

To: "COG" <>
Subject: whistler ?
From: "roger curnow" <>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:23:08 +1000
Hi, can some one identify this please.
It was in my back-yard (Higgins) this morning
not much longer than it took me to decide I needed my camera, and then to find it.
Slightly smaller than a black bird (and not as plump),
the beak was quite short (finch like).
The colouring is about right, a bit browner (less grey) in real-life.
It wasn't a Grey Shrikethrush.
My guess is either a female whistler or White-winged Ttriller.

    roger curnow