canberrabirds

New map site/ Robin viewing

To: "COG" <>
Subject: New map site/ Robin viewing
From: "roger curnow" <>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 06:22:20 +1000

The land on the north bank is actually a part of a canberra nature park though you wouldn't know it from the number of cows one encounters.
I am not 100% about the previous statement but it is marked as such on some maps.
I rang several different numbers in an effort to find out including the one on the gate mentioned below.
The most definitive statement i got was "unleased crown land, but why worry"

I think the easiest way in is through a gate off Coppins  Xing road
about 100 metres north of the crossing and then walk along the dirt track about a kilometre .
and when you see the ex-Sludge-Ponds turn left down to the river.
It is possible to walk along the north bank of the river.(shorter but rougher).

As an aside the dirt track goes on for maybe 4 kilometres with 4 gates; 1 locked, 2 open, and 1 closed but not locked. 3 of the 4 have holes for people in them and there are several places with easy access down to the river.

        roger.