canberrabirds

A two-owl day

To: "John Layton" <>, "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: A two-owl day
From: Joe Barr <>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 20:48:24 +1000
Sorry, John. the Boobook today was at Jarramlee Pond in Dunlop. - about 2 metres off the ground in a small tree not four metres tall -and very tame. Friends reported that it was being mobbed by magpie larks, a magpie, white plumed HEs and (perhaps from curiosity) a couple of the local Indian Mynah population. By the time we got there they had all gone off for a tea break so all was quiet.

If anyone wants to try tomorrow it was in the tree beside the one seat overlooking the pond. By then it might have selected a branch with a little less foliage in the way!

Joe Barr