canberrabirds

Zebra Finch [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Subject: Zebra Finch [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:43:34 +1000
Some years ago I looked up a bunch of Annual Bird Reports about zebra finches and it seemed that all reports came from around Kelly's swamp usually close to Christmas.  I think they were always regarded as escapees - but where from and why around Christmas?  It may be interesting that Kelly's and West Magregor are both o the edge of the urban area.

Martin