canberrabirds

GBS Raptor day

To: <>
Subject: GBS Raptor day
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 17:44:48 +1000
My car is now undergoing major repair so I am mostly home. Yesterday morning in one of several breaks to go out of the house (and get a count of the honeyeaters) I saw two Wedge-tailed Eagles flying over my GBS site. That is nice for the morning thought I. The afternoon was better. In several short looks outside, over a period of about five hours, I had four separate viewings of one Peregrine Falcon. Actually I would not know if all were the same bird, members of a family is probably more likely. It was doing dramatic aerial performances pretty much over my house. I usually record one or two Peregrine Falcons at least several times each year here, but four suburban sightings on one day is a first. It / they must have decided to visit me ;-)