canberrabirds

Honeyeaters migrating at Jerrabomberra Grasslands Reserve

To: "Canberrabirds" <>
Subject: Honeyeaters migrating at Jerrabomberra Grasslands Reserve
From: "Jenny Bounds" <>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:03:49 +1000
Yesterday I was in the woodland at the back of the Jerrabomberra Grasslands Reserve; there were large numbers of Yellow-faced Honeyeaters moving across from SW to NE all morning until we left at 1pm - some flocks in the hundreds; a few White-naped Honeyeaters mixed in with them.  When we exited the reserve on the Monaro Highway, there were honeyeaters moving thru the willows and exotic trees on the roadside where they crossed the Monaro Highway; whenever a big truck whizzed past they flew up in a confused cloud.
Jenny