canberrabirds

WTNTs over Tuggeranong

Subject: WTNTs over Tuggeranong
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 08:19:40 +1100

Philip, I also counted 3 White-throated Needletails yesterday from 1745-1815 over the northern end of Lake Tuggeranong and on the previous night (Saturday evening (23-2-07)), over the same time period, I counted 40 flying over Urambi Hills Nature Reserve, the largest flock numbering 30 birds, flying north at speed.

In an aside, I reported to this line last week that Kambah had received about 150mm of rain since New Years Eve.  I can revise that figure now to say that it is about 200mm, with about 10mm falling on Wednesday evening (21-2-07) and, I would estimate, about 50mm hosing down on Friday evening.  If anyone living in western Kambah has a rain gauge and recorded the fall on Friday evening I'd be interested to hear if my estimate is close to the mark.

Matthew Frawley

"Philip Veerman" <>

25/02/2007 03:10 PM

<>
cc
Subject
[canberrabirds] WTNTs over Tuggeranong
Reference
 Expires

I had about 12 White-throated Needletails passing over my house (or GBS Site in Kambah) yesterday (24-2-07) over an approx 20 minute period near 7 p.m. All were flying south in fairly direct speedy path. Largest simultaneously present group (for GBS) was 4. Always nice to get them at least once for the GBS Chart.