canberrabirds

low tech bird quiz

To: <>
Subject: low tech bird quiz
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:58:57 +1100
Here is a low tech bird quiz (no photos) created for no other reason apart from amusement value (and some educational value). I have made up a list of 26 bird species (or larger bird groups) along with these are 26 different uses in which the feet of each of these birds are particularly associated with and other birds are not. Both lists are sorted alphabetically. I have not included the obvious that birds most use their feet for standing, many for walking, some for swimming. Your challenge if you choose to accept it, is to match them up. Some are really easy, others less so but I believe only one combination is correct. Some combinations may be correct, although not strongly characteristic and actually other combinations are better, so choose the best one. For example you may believe that a Cassowary typically uses its feet for Climbing branches then realise that Climbing branches fits the Adelie Penguin better, then you answer would include 1 C. (Hint, neither of these clues are correct). Please don't send your answers to the list (so as to give everyone their own independent go), just send your list of numbers and letters to me. There is no prize. I'll give the answers and score in a few days.

Philip

BIRD

1

Adelie Penguin