canberrabirds

Helmeted Guineafowl

To: <>
Subject: Helmeted Guineafowl
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 16:15:13 +1100

I recall that posting but still it is a weird coincidence.

The only place I can think of which houses this species in the local area
is the National Zoo & Aquarium.

But then someone may have a few Guineafowl in their backyard chook pen and
they keep escaping???

Cheers
Marnix

             "Geoffrey Dabb"
             <
             au>                                                        To
                                          <
             07/02/2007 03:35             .au>

                                                                   Subject
                                          Re: [canberrabirds] Helmeted
                                          Guineafowl

                                                            Classification
                                          |-------------------|
                                          | [X] Unclassified  |
                                          | [ ] In Confidence |
                                          |-------------------|

Dickson?  February?  Possibly the same bird reported 2 years ago (below)

<<From:  "Geoffrey Dabb" < >
Date:  Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:13:32 +1100

      With John Layton's family reporting California Quail and now Alison's

Rowell's with repeat sightings of Guineafowl in deepest Dickson, I hardly
like to mention that my local street peacock has clocked up 10 years
free-roaming in Narrabundah, every night faithful to the same street tree.
Surely it is only a matter of time before someone reports a colony of what
Hanzab calls Feral Chicken and C&B call Red Junglefowl in some
little-visited corner of Mulligans Flat.>>