canberrabirds

What owl is that?

To: "Gina Wyatt" <>, <>
Subject: What owl is that?
From: "Jack and Andrea Holland" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:22:11 +1100
Gina - this spot happens to be right adjacent to our house!!

While I was away until yesterday morning, I can complete the identification of a boobook owl others have made as it was seen last night hawking around the lights and resting on the wires in Darwinia Tce, allowing a close approach (within 5 m).

While it was silent several years ago about a week later than now we had 3 young ones making the trilling noise while feeding in our backyard one evening.

Jack Holland